Lo Mejor de 2010
Here are the most chévere things I discovered in 2010.
• My go-to drink used to be the Shirley Temple, but after drinking about a dozen virgin Mojitos in Miami, I have a new favorite.
• As for “real” drinks, Tecate & Corona are still numero uno for me.
• My cipote-friendly choice is still horchata (Salvadoran, not Mexican.)
• Return to Sender by Julia Alvarez
•The Madonnas of Echo Park by Brando Skyhorse
• My Name is Pablo by Aimee Sommerfelt
(Non-Latino Fiction picks):
• Nectar in a Sieve by Kamala Markandaya
• The Hunger Games (series) by Suzanne Collins
• The Help by Kathryn Stockett
• The Other Side of Immigration (documentary)
• The Karate Kid (Jackie Chan)
(Really too many to mention, but these are the first three that came to mind)…
(I like this video of Espinoza performing on Mun2, because it looks like the host, Yarel, has a crush on him as much as I do.)
I considered listing favorite blogs, but you can already check those out on the Link Love page, (and there’s no güey I’m choosing only three!) …That being said, I want to thank all of you who visit me here at Latinaish.com.
The very best thing about 2010 is the community I’m blessed to be a part of and all the people around the world that I consider amigos para siempre. Gracias por tu amistad – it has more value to me than an entire box of Bubu Lubus.
How about you? What do you consider lo mejor de 2010?