Salpicón de Res
* 1 lb. beef – (can be a cheap cut like chunks of stew meat or steak, not important.)
* 1/2 red onion
* 1/3 cup olive or canola oil
* 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 2 large tomatoes, diced
* 1/2 red onion, minced
* 1 medium green pepper or Poblano pepper, minced
* optional: diced avocado
* optional: If you like it picante – fresh minced chiles of your choice and/or hot sauce
1. In a pot of salted water, add the beef and 1/2 an onion. Bring to boil, then cover and reduce heat. Cook until cooked through, (this doesn’t take very long if you’re using stew meat or beef that has already been cut into pieces.) Drain and remove the meat to a plate, (discard onion.) Chop meat into tiny pieces by hand, or use a food processor for a finer texture.
2. In a bowl, combine oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Add vegetables and then meat. Combine.
3. Serve at room temperature with warm corn tortillas.
Adapted from: Whats4eats