I have a confession to make… I love Taco Bell’s Mexican Pizzas – they’re probably my favorite thing on the menu. Sometimes when I need my fix, I just make my own version at home since they’re so easy to recreate.
Here’s the recipe, and some step-by-step photos!
Taco Bell Mexican Pizza (Copycat Recipe)
medium-sized thin flour tortillas
refried beans (canned or fresh, regular or fat free)
Mexican-style shredded cheese
taco sauce (Taco Bell brand, or other brand – your choice!)
green onions, diced
Roma tomatoes, diced
Optional: salt to taste
1. Toast the tortillas on both sides on a comal/griddle to the point that they are slightly crunchy. You will need two tortillas per Mexican pizza.
2. Place one tortilla on a baking sheet. Use the back of a spoon to spread refried beans on the top, almost to the edges.
3. Place the second tortilla on top of the beans. Use the back of a spoon to spread taco sauce on top, almost to the edges.
4. Sprinkle the taco sauce with cheese. Top with diced tomato and green onions. (Repeat steps 1 through 4 for each Mexican pizza you want to make.)
5. Place Mexican pizza(s) under a broiler for a couple minutes until cheese is melted. Optional: Add salt to taste. Serve!